MOMMY AND ME PHOTOSHOOTS
There is always a reason to have a MOMMY and ME Session!
Mamas! let’s do this!
Mommy and Me Mini Sessions are offered year-round- Cause Let’s be Real This s*%$ is hard (mommying that is) but these are times YOU don’t want to forget regardless of how hard they are. These intimate sessions aim to capture the special relationship between mother and child. The bond between a mother and a child is unlike any other. Even during family sessions the photos also tend to focus more on the kids alone. I have recently been reminded that life is truly precious and filled with moments we sometimes take for granted.
If you are anything like me the only photos that you end up in are selfies. I started offering mommy and me sessions because I am horrible at getting my pictures taken. I actually hated it. My body isn’t the same since I’ve had children. I have cellulite and extra skin on my belly ( It still looks like I am pregnant too be honest) I felt frumpy, a bit chunky, tired, or simply didn’t want the pressure of planning the session. I mean I can literally come up with an excuse anytime someone says cheese. But the honest truth is I want to be in more photos with my children, and this is why I have come to realize how important my Mommy and Me photo sessions truly are. 20 years from now I don’t think I will care what my hair looked like or my belly; I will be thankful I have beautiful pictures of me and boys.
WHY YOU NEED TO DO A MOMMY AND ME SESSION
1. You will never regret documenting the intimate bond that you have with your children. The bond between a mother and a child might be the strongest bond on earth. Capture this moment will
2. It’s a chance to create a session that showcases that special bond. It can be done at home, in the studio or on location.
3. Be honest- when was the last time you had pictures with just you and your children? It’s time – the relationship between you and your children is something WORTH documenting and there is only so much time to do so.
4. Time is of the essence- let’s be real your kids are growing up, and growing up fast for that matter. There are only so many chances to capture these beautiful moments in time.
5. These photos help you remember the why behind all the chaos and the messes you endure on a daily basis. The sleepless nights, the days between showers, snotty noses and endless jobs a mom does that often go unnoticed.
6. Your kids are a perfect age. Now is the perfect time to capture memories with your children, regardless of where you or your kids are in life. It’s always the right time.
This is the time to get your mommy and me session done
I’m just going to say it. Moms are the WORST at getting their pictures done. We come up with a million and one excuses why we should wait. I know this cause I’m guilty too! Just do it! You will be thankful you have these heirlooms to look back on.
The truth is you will always come up with a reason not to do photos. Whether it’s too stressful, you “need” to lost 10 pounds, grow your hair out or want that perfect outfit. 20 years from now – none of that will matter and you will just be thankful you had photos done.
The reality is your beautiful and loved just the way you are and I PROMISE you will love your photos. You have my word.
Jessica Strobel Photography Minneapolis MN | 612-875-4134